|COVER OF ROBBY ROBINSON'S BOOK |
"THE BLACK PRINCE; MY LIFE IN BODYBUILDING: MUSCLE VS HUSTLE"
20th Annual Writer’s Digest Annual Self-Published Book Awards
Entry Title: The Black PrinceAuthor: Robby RobinsonJudge Number: 29
Books were evaluated on a scale of 1 to 5. This scale is strictly to provide a point of reference, it is not a cumulative score and does not reflect ranking.
In some cases, you may see special or out of place characters/symbols in your commentary. For example, you may see that a character/symbol replaces an apostrophe, copyright, and other "symbols".These substitutions occur for various reasons – and are unavoidable. They are often [programming] misinterpretations due to encoding, installed fonts, web based content/sources etc.Since the “content”[data] of the commentary is comprised of data sent from several different computers (programs, fonts etc.,) and from the internet (online entry system), you may at times see an interpretation of what had been an apostrophe, quotation mark etc.
- Structure and Organization: 5
- Grammar: 4
- Production Quality and Cover Design: 5
- Plot (if applicable): N/A
- Character Development (if applicable): N/A
What did you like best about this book?I've never been interested in bodybuilding, but this book held me to the end. I was especially interested in his comments about food, supplements, and elements like salt and potassium. Because I've lived a life fraught with allergy, I have massive amounts of prednisone in my system; though I've declined to take any more, the skin on my arms is so fragile that I constantly bleed under it.His audience at the '75 Mr. World was amazing. Pimps in floor-length fur coats and fedoras? Ladies of the evening in miniskirts and very high heels? That's not the audience I would have predicted; but it was at this show, where he won several awards, that he realized how much steroid use was in operation with the other competitors.Robby is a fascinating character. I hope he'll write a book for new bodybuilders with advice about food and other aspects of self-care.
How can the author improve this book?Robby, I don't have a lot of criticism of this book. Whether you or an editor put it together, your story is compelling. If I were writing this book, I would take out some of the angry Weider references; but they are certainly not fatal. I hope you're giving some free copies to gyms and Boys Clubs
- Robby's dietary anabolic SUPPLEMENTS, OILS and HERBS for natural fat loss and muscle growth at any age ▶ www.robbyrobinson.net/anabolic-pack.php
- E-mail Robby for CUSTOM training, nutrition and supplementation plans, single training sessions and consultations - ▶ firstname.lastname@example.org
- BUILT- Instructional Double DVD - Robby's philosophy on bodybuilding, training and healthy lifestyle, and his old-school workout approach
- MASTER CLASS - 4-day one-on-one intensive personal training with ROBBY ROBINSON in Gold's gym Venice, CA and nutrition & supplementation seminar -
- Robby's CONSULTATION Services to answer your questions about bodybuilding, old school training and healthy lifestyle - ▶ www.robbyrobinson.net/consultation.php
- Read about RR's training and life experience, about other legends of Golden Era of bodybuilding and what really happened behind the scenes of Weider's empire - in RR's BOOK "The BLACK PRINCE; My Life in Bodybuilding: Muscle vs. Hustle" -
|© ROBBY ROBINSON|